Win Xp restarts at splash page

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay_bo

Daemon Poster
One of the pc keeps restarting at splash page(windows loaded up page). i have tired the hard drive in another pc and it works fine, so my quess is the motherboard, the hard drive is ata connectivity. i have tired a reinstall of os, but the motherboards warrenty has ran out by a couple of months, so what do you guys think?

It could easily be the board or perhap a weak cap in the supply itself. When first starting up a system the drives are tested and the initial demand for power is greatest then. But seeing a board with bad caps or bad bios chip wouldn't be anything new. The first board in a new build here ran well for the first 3 days and took a nose dive to doa land.

this computer has been workin for months but kept havin disk read error n all we did is restart the pc and then it was fine. EYECPC what are you trying to say i should do?

If it is having Disc Read Errors it could be many things. The Hard Drive could be dying fast. Could be a bad cable from the hard drive to the mobo. Could be a bad connection for hte IDE connector on the mobo.

If it is anything with the mobo you iwll have to get a new one. Since the warrenty has run out a few months ago should have asked earlier and we could have told you to have gotten it repaired while it still was under warrenty.

yea i did send it back cos i knew it was the mobo but they kept send it back they have had it 3 times n sent them both back and they said they would take my whole system in 2 install it n tht but i didnt trust them with my system so i never did it. i have tired a new cable and that the hard drive works fine on my pc so my quess are the mobo, should i reset the bios, do you think that will help?

That might help. Reset the CMOS and BIOS and see if that does anything. If you are continuing to get these issues, the only thing i can think of is a bad mobo batch. Get a new mobo.

You may have bad sectors on the drive itself if no other problem is found. You can have the disk check utitlity run on the next startup with the "chkdsk /f" command at the Run prompt right off of the Start menu or accessories>command prompt.

Two good references with all varions for the switch are seen at Microsoft Corporation and at John Barnett's Windows XP Help and Support for XP.

For Vista go to How to Use Check Disk in Windows Vista — MAXIMUMpcguides - Windows Vista help and how-to guides that help you get the most out of your computer

That's another thing that can't be ruled out. Hopefully it will turn out to be software related while nothing should be overlooked.

i have the hard drive running on my other pc, and when i even reinstalled windows but when i try to reinstall windows on the pc that anit workin but it doesnt reconigse the hard drive so i cant do the recovery console either eyeCpc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom