Decent Gaming Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly dont trust that psu.
i got a nzxt case that came with a psu, and it was shot...
just get the Thermaltake 430W for $40 bucks... thats what im using after my psu shot.

That's a pretty nice mid-end gaming machine.

You linked the memory wrong.

It's is highly recommended that you don't use the power supply included with the case. I would suggest a reliable brand, such as:
Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX400-PN ATX12V 400W Power Supply 120/220 - 240v NEMKO, TUV, CSA, IEC, UL, CE - Retail

You should get past 3GHz, easy, no sweat.

opps Well I meant to link to the Crucial Ballistix 54.99 AR.

Umm I will use that power supply and get a different case then!

most PSU that come with cases turn out to blow or fry within a month or 2 if not immediately on boot up- so don't buy a case for that reason buy a case for its cooling properties and looks (looks even less important expecially if you dont drag it to LAN parties)

Cases should fit your stuff easily with room for airflow or liquid coolent and organize your computer so its easy to work on. If it fails at coolent your parts will fail and be destroyed, if it fails at convience, well, you try fitting a 5 inch wide hand into a 3 in wide gap to put it together, its not fun and you may need bandaids afterward.

Honestly Iam getting a very cheap (about 30 with shipping) case- its solid black.. no window or anything very good cooling (120mm intake and exhaust fans) and cutting my own window and adding it with some leftover plastic I have (its a little thicker then most windows but it will work)

Of everyone I know and hear of- only 1 PSU that came with its case has worked- and it was a 200 dollar case with a thermaltake (i think) power supply inside... it was pretty much the same cost of buying a cheaper case and the PSU seperate but in one package. But 1 out of over 200 buyers- not good odds.

He might also upgrade his video card so he is going to need at least a 500watt power supply.

What do you suggest that is 500 watt that is less than 50 dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom