HDD space being wasted?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
Right so My 120G drive is showing only 78G's free.. and there's only 7G's of information on there.. how can this be? maybe this drive is going bad also :mad: unless there's a massive amount of information in some hidden directories on that drive?... any ideas =)

"The Bitmap: RELOADED..."

I know EXACTLY what happened. The free space that you had got lost in the hard drive.

Use Disk Defragmenter in the system tools menu to free that up... :cool:

erm.. yea i thought maybe that's what had happened.. because i had removed and reinstalled so much crap.. but that didn't work

*edit* I'll see if i can find a program to format the hard drive.. because I don't want to install windows on it.. and we'll see if that works.

ok just to let anyone who cares know.. I used a program called "East-Tec FormatSecure" and there's many options from this program that allows you to do different types of formats. Worked great and all of my space is back, w00t

i got it from download.com

There were a couple to choose from, but one wanted me to have a 98 bootup disk, since i don't use a floppy drive I had to find something else, so I got that.. but yea it's just sitting there formatting the drive, but initially I saw that I had all the space back, so I'm syked =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom