The Best Watercooling Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
Anyone have any ideas? I'm not going to buy it just YET. but I will within the next few months. Price isn't an issue.

I was thinking about these cases:
CM stacker
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 RC-830-SSN2-GP Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
but it has 9 5.25" drives...
what on earth will i need 9 5.25 drives for? Any idea?

Antec P182SE
Newegg.com - Antec P182SE Silver Mirror-finished stainless steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
It's a mid tower case.. I don't see it being very handy.

SILVERSTONE TJ10
Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE TJ10-B Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
same as the antec

My main questions are:

1) What is the point of 2 psu's ? Alot of cases i was looking at had 2 psus.
2) Whats the best watercooling? And I'm talking about quality, price isn't an issue. Is it best to get it in pieces or get a whole set?
3)Any other cases you can recommend?

THANKS A BUNCH!

You'd probably be better off getting a normal case and adding the watercooling then paying extra for a case with just cooling that you're not gonna use.

the Thermaltake Armor is another good case. its huge, tons of space and good airflow as well. It's what i'll be using for watercooling.
NCIX.com - Buy Thermaltake VA8000 Armor Super Tower Case Black 10X5.25 2X3.5 6X3.5INT W/ Window - VA8000BWS In Canada.

I'm no pro But from all the research I did and questions I asked it's better to piece together your own watercooling loop. That way you can mix and match all the best parts. Guide To WaterCooling and Leak Testing - ALL New WaterCooler's Read Before Posting! - XtremeSystems Forums thats a great guide for watercooling. Bout all the parts, has suggestions, putting it together, leak testing etc. Petra's Tech Shop is a good place to order the parts as well.

And the only reason I can see someone running 2PSU is if they were using a dual pump/dual rad loop on top of their normal power consumption. Or if you were using a smaller psu to run you system. Or if you just didnt want the watercooling loop running on your main PSU and wearing it down faster.

How much are you looking to spend on it?

the one im piecing together now is around 500$ but you can get one much cheaper.

This is what ill be running just to give you an idea. Brows around petras, got some cool stuff. Keep in mind this is probably overkill, youd have to ask someone else for a cheaper build, not my area of expertise XD. Theres better coolant additive but I wanted the UV. And the in-line filter is only used in building the loop, to make sure all the exess dirt and stuff from your pieces are properly removed.
CPU: Swiftec Apogee
GPU: Swiftech MCW60
Pump: Two Laing DDC-3.2
Pump Top Replacement: Two Custom Delrin DDC Pump Top
Rad: Thermochill PA120.3
Tubing: 7/16" ID (5/8" OD) Masterkleer
Resevoir: EK-RES150 Rev.2 Multi-Option Reservoir
Coolant additive: Pentosin G12 Coolant Additive ("Red" - UV Reactive)
Hose Clamp: Stainless Steel Worm-Drive Hose Clamp
Water Filter: Pantek In-Line Water Filter
Tube accessories: Swiftech SmartCoils 625 (for 5/8" OD Tubing) - UV Ocean Blue

Are the better results you get dependant on your radiator?
The other items you have don't really affect the temps you get do they?

I'm the same as you lol. I go for the best too, because I can just work for the money :)

oh and good one cook i forgot about the lian li. Thats probably the best option XD

and for radiators that thermochill I posted is probably the 2nd best. If you want the best go with the Double Heater Core and Double Heater Core shroud, here: Danger Den :: Radiators :: Heater Core Radiators

I just didn't get it cause its rather large and ugly. lol

Results can vary depending on every part. pump, cpu/gpu blocks, how Much tubing you have. You always want to use the least amount of tubing distance possible. It's just less distance the water has to flow. You also want the pump to be strong enough. There are two main types of cpu blocks. Impingment and non-impingment. Impingment (the block i posted) needs a strong enough pump to work properly, but has the best performance. non-impingment requires less pump power, and still has good performance, just not As good.

does teh lian li have two slots for a psu? in teh Screenshot you can see one on the top and one on the bottom.. wierd.

wait, youre watercooling system will cost you 500$? what currency are you going by... maybe i did the math wrong..
and how come the radiator you picked and the 'best' one have such a major price difference, sheesh.
Maybe im doing it wrong.

I'm such a noob.

For the case get the CM Stacker, my buddy has it and holy crap! Its a beast, best quality case i have ever seen. You have room for anything in that bad boy. As for the watercooling I dont know too much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom