RV670 is Radeon HD 3800 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
prophet u got it vice versa, the 8 series creamed the HD 2000 series.

ya midn1gh7, that is right too, forgot to mention that the HD 3000 series is going to compete with the 9 series.

AMD is making a smart move in bringing the HD 3000 series early. Although, maybe too early. It seems fishy that AMD would release it unless this is what they have been working on all year n r ready to release it. I just dont want them to mess up this time.

prophet u got it vice versa, the 8 series creamed the HD 2000 series.

ya midn1gh7, that is right too, forgot to mention that the HD 3000 series is going to compete with the 9 series.

AMD is making a smart move in bringing the HD 3000 series early. Although, maybe too early. It seems fishy that AMD would release it unless this is what they have been working on all year n r ready to release it. I just dont want them to mess up this time.

What you said is totally wrong

HD 3000 series ( RV670) is supposed to compete with G92, G98 and the other G9x processors, not with 9 series

Nvidia don't want to use the 9xxx naming for their new 65nm video cards. They decided to use the 8xxx naming,

And for your information the ATI was going to use HD2xxx naming for their new video cards but they changed there mind and they decided to use HD 3xxx naming

HD3xxx is just HD2xxx with a die shrink and with small changes like adding PCI 2.0 express support.
These changes are similar to the changes between Nvidia G80 and G92

G92 will come earlier than RV670, so this is smart move from nvidia

yeah, anyway the 9 and 3 series arn't gonna really be a competition because ATI has said that their scaling back on high end gaming cards and are doing for affordable, and more powerful solutions.

and for the ati 9 series being as good as the nvidia 9 series, im really saddened that nobody got what i meant. i fully meant the ati 9 series as in the 9200 SE.

What you said is totally wrong

HD 3000 series ( RV670) is supposed to compete with G92, G98 and the other G9x processors, not with 9 series

Nvidia don't want to use the 9xxx naming for their new 65nm video cards. They decided to use the 8xxx naming,

And for your information the ATI was going to use HD2xxx naming for their new video cards but they changed there mind and they decided to use HD 3xxx naming

HD3xxx is just HD2xxx with a die shrink and with small changes like adding PCI 2.0 express support.
These changes are similar to the changes between Nvidia G80 and G92

G92 will come earlier than RV670, so this is smart move from nvidia

o really? Hmm, i guess i misunderstood. I think that it was stupid not to use the 2xxx series. I mean, 3xxx series really confuses me because i think it is gonna be competitive with the 9 series. I guess it really is just a refresh of the 2xxx series.

EDIT:

maroon1, u think AMD can pull the 3xxx series off this time since they didnt do too well with the 2xxx series?

o really? Hmm, i guess i misunderstood. I think that it was stupid not to use the 2xxx series. I mean, 3xxx series really confuses me because i think it is gonna be competitive with the 9 series. I guess i really is just a refresh of the 2xxx series.

maroon1, u think AMD can pull the 3xxx series off this time since they didnt do too well with the 2xxx series?

well hopefully this time they don't focus so much budget market and keep a lot of high end Cards in that series...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom