My 8800GTS to hot !?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you don't reccomend overclocking my 8800GTS like everyone is telling me ?

Im gona try overclock my new CPU aswell, its on stock cooler. How hot should i let it get before a aftermarket one is required ? my CPU is in sig.

60 degrees on load for your CPU...

for the GPU no, you can overclock it, just don't go above like near 90's and u should be fine

CPU-Z tell me my CPu temps ? i ran CoD4 for about 40 mins at 3.4Ghz and quickly reset pc go into bios and it said 49C ... but i dont no how quickly it would go down you see.

Dam it doesnt, and for some reason Everest isnt showing it, whats Aux by the way, it says Aux is 42C.

CPU-Z is dodgey, everest says its continuously 3.6Ghz which is what is should be, CPU-Z is 90 percent of the time on 2.4Ghz and then switches to 3.6 Ghz and back, anyway i found a program that says CPU is 51C at Idle, if i put the stock fan at continous 60 or 70 percent will it damage it ?

This program is good, tells me the volatges comeing through rails, HDD CPU GPU AUX temperatures, CPU clockspeed, GPU CPU HDD and Memory usage. its called SensorsView Pro.

Im confused now, bios tells me CPU is 40C, when i get into desktop SensorsView tells me its 51c, but after looking in settings if i choose CPu sensor 2 its 39C, so which do i believe and which one should i be watching ?

The reason CPU-Z is reporting constant changes is the SpeedStep technology that lowers the multiplier when the CPU is not loaded in order to save energy.

You should have kept that AF7 Pro. (but im not complaning as it saved me £15 :))

BTW Is there much of a difference between the X1950PRO and the 8800GTS gaming wise?

The reason CPU-Z is reporting constant changes is the SpeedStep technology that lowers the multiplier when the CPU is not loaded in order to save energy.

You should have kept that AF7 Pro. (but im not complaning as it saved me £15 :))

BTW Is there much of a difference between the X1950PRO and the 8800GTS gaming wise?

yep...

but if you load your CPU and then run CPU-Z then ya.. it'll say normal speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom