looking for a good CPU cooler (Q6600)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeseking25

In Runtime
Hi. I am building a gaming system with a Q6600 and I am looking for a good (not too expensive) CPU cooler. I plan to oc the proc up to 3GHz and I know that the stock cooling is a piece of crap so any suggestions will be great.

...as long as you have that much cash to spare. The tuniq tower is a great top- end cooler in terms of bang for buck, but you might get away with less. What case are you planning to use? A 3Ghz overclock is unlikely to strain your CPU (temperature wise) to the extent that you need to spend ridiculous amounts on your HSF

Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme with a decent fan is the best air cooling that you can get and Tuniq Tower comes in at a close 2nd. You wouldn't need to worry too much at just 3GHz though. I am using a Zalman CNPS9500 on mine and it keeps it at decent temps while running at 3GHz constantly.

The Tuniq Tower rocks, but I would prefer a Zalman CNPS9700.
My Zalman (9500) does 2.7k rpm and it is 92mm fan , although the Tuniq is 120mm and does 2k rpm, so choose whichever fits you best.

From what I've gathered, the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme is pretty much the top performer, but costs noticably extra because you have to buy a fan seperate.

The Tuniq Tower performs almost as well, as is a good deal cheaper.

I'd recommend one of those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom