RAM testing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Quick question, know little of RAM so have no clue....can I test older RAM, DDR in my current mobo? 590 sli? PC3200 or 2700? Yank my current stuff and throw in a stick to test it?

um...No you can't. The 590 SLI motherboard that you have, only supports DDR2 memory.

Bah, that sucks. Was given about 50 sticks of PC 3200 and 2700, wanted to test before selling on ebay.

dang... free RAM... i'd like to know where u got these :0

but AM2 only supports DDR2 RAM

No problem, vernong has helped me before, give me a ring bud and if you don't mind paying the S&H I'll bump one or two over to you. I'm heading over to pick them up early next week so I'll know exactly what I have then. But is an "as is" batch so no guarantee if they work or not.

Have a quasi friend who does industrial bin pickups and he had a load of comps from a building that was bought out so he popped them open grabbed the RAM that he could reach....wish he'd called me first, would have had him drop the whole thing off at my place. Amazing at what some of these huge companies throw out rather than sell off.

jfenwick said:
Amazing at what some of these huge companies throw out rather than sell off.

They probably don't want to waste their time doing it. Like they say, "Time is money..."

Or for you, "One man's garbage, is another man's treasure." Not sure if that one is correct...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom