Raising Memory Latency! (Memtest86)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag3

Fully Optimized
Hi Everyone!

I am unable to install ANY operating system on my new setup (see sig), and a technician told me it is because the "CAS" latency on my RAM is too low.

Is this really the problem? He told me to use Memtest86 to raise the latency.

I don't understand why this would prevent me from installing any O/S (prevent as in giving me error copy messages).

If anyone can get back to me as soon as possible I really appreciate it!...! Thx again!

Hes got me confused.Any memory adjustments are done in BIOS.Are you Running Default Settings or are you Over Clocking your Memory?What kind of errors are you getting

The memory has not been overclocked. Everything is at the default settings including FSB and CPU frequency.

When I install Windows 2000/XP PRO, It detects my SATA properly, then formats. After that it starts to copy setup files. It always stops on files like "mmsys.cpl" And says "Setup is unable to copy xxxxxx.xxx, the file system is not valid." Each time it will do it to a different file.

Then when I install Windows 98 SE, it installs ok. Then at the last step, when it says "Updating System Settings..." It just powers off. When I turn it on, it goes into the desktop okay, but then says "Error writing to system registry. Reboot to fix". I restart. It detects the error, and says it has been fixed. Then when it gets back into the desktop... It says the samething all over again.

I called back the technician, and someone else answered. Now he says it is probably a defective motherboard. But my mobo boots ok, and everything runs properly! He said it should not be the RAM, when the other guy says it is DEFINATLY the ram.

This is driving me crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom