3 cards in crossfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdygeek

In Runtime
Has this been done? I know the x38 mobos have 3 PCI-E slots. Just wanted to know if anyone has seen this or if it has been done.

you can have quad setups, but i don't know about 3. cause with crossfire its the 2 do thier thing and then that would leave one out. so i don't know if that would work.

i think u are referring to the 3 card sli nvidia is bringing out. crossfire WILL support 4 card but not sure about 4. as of now both are useless

well you can have 2 crossfire cards or 2 sli cards and have a ageix physx card which will improve the physics in the games like walls breaking if you shoot at it.

the Physx card is useless if you have an 8 series card.... because it has one built in (including lower end ones)

the Physx card is useless if you have an 8 series card.... because it has one built in (including lower end ones)

ok but no games today use the physics engine in the 8 series now do they?

i dont think so........

ive also decided not to get the physx card because it is pointless. Hellgate: London is using Havok thank the lord.

Justify the necessity for a "tri setup" or even a quad... overwise, this thread sounds like a *yawn* vacation from doing anything that matters... seriously. You know that cards will be released in a matter of a couple years that will double the processing power via single or dual that you are asking for right??? Video cards, next to processors are THE MOST thought about and changed idea in a PC to date..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom