login to windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyBusiness

Baseband Member
Hi. I am using windows home sp2 and recently I started creating a login password for my account and I have changed it to the classic login prompt. However after I logged out, I am only required to enter the password to log in again where the account user ID is already there. And it does not goes off after a restart as well. So now how do I make it in a way such that when I start up my pc, I need to enter both the account user ID and password?

Are you making a password and trying to hide the user name to become more secure? I just want to tell you that your password can be broken in under 10 minutes if someone does want to take over your computer.

LOL I had a 49 character pw once, included characters only accessible from the Alt combo's. then it just got to ridiculous... but as far as safety, 10 minutes woulda been tough... unless you had a kickbutt program that is :D

Yeah. I am want window to hide the username everytime a user wants to log in with their own account. This is so that the next user will not know which previous user has just used the pc.
So do you know how to hide it? Because somehow I have seen some pc the need to login and enter both the user ID and password.

By the way my question is not asking how secure is windows account and how long does it take to be broken into. ALL I JUST NEED to know in this thread IS HOW DO I MAKE WINDOWS HIDE THE USERNAME?

Sorry but to ask are there any easier way to do it because I am not experience in modifying the registry?

Modifying the registry is easy as pie. Just give it a try.

Step 1: Start menu>run: "regedit"
Step 2: Navigate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon using the drop-down thing.
Step 3: Double click on "DontDisplayLastUserName" and enter 1.
Step4: Close regedit and restart computer.

Don't get intimidated, it's really easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom