Hard Disk Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

becroydon

In Runtime
i currently have a 40gb hard disk, and i would like to buy a bigger like a 100gb or more, what i wish to know is how to transfer the whole contents of one hard disk to another. i know i could just backup my data and reinstall Xp in the new one, but i wanna take all my settings with it.

i am thinking of getting a sata one, curently i have ATA, does this make it any harder.

also, i have XP Pro if its any help

thanks,

becroydon :D

use norton ghost. ive never dun it myself but ive heard its used for this kinda thing

Put your old hard drive in a different computer, then use Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to transfer your settings via an ethernet cable.

Use a friend's computer and do what I suggested above. I just did it when I built my new system and it works great.

Either do what beedubaya said or just bite the bullet and copy over all the important files and re-install xp. Or, just use both hard drives.

becroydon, surely you've gotta be kidding.... people have given you some viable options, why are you refusing to accept the answer given?

The software as stated by aj2003, is your best bet. You dont' have another PC, you don't wanna try beedubaya's suggestion... what do you expect man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom