Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
AMD Athlon XP 3200+
Samsung ddr400 1GIG
BFG 7800GS OC graphics card
Western Digital 500gig Serial ATA hdd
Antec 500watt PS
Sony dvd burner
Lite On cd burner

Ok heres my story and question. About a 4 months ago I installed this 3200+ processor in my pc and added the graphics card. Since then my games would crash back to the desktop without any sign of an error. About a month ago I got my pc to stop crashing during a load being put on it but now my games lag. What I did to stop it was change my bios....What i mean is everything i bios was set to auto. Some one told me that my motherboard did not like to reconize so i need to manually config it. He gave me settings to manually config and I did and it stop the crashes. Not a crash or a problem since except now my games LAG. WHY? They didnt before and I got a pretty good system. I noticed when my pc starts up It says nothing about dual channel mode no more and it use too. Sorry im a little computer illeterate when it comes to this stuff. So i dont even think its running in dual channel mode anymore. My question is if anybody knows anything about this problem and why my games might be lagging now and help me out on setting my bios up ...... I will be more than greatly appriciated. I have the latest video card drivers installed off of nvidias website. My nforce 2 ultra 400 chip on my motherboard nvidia has tooking drivers off there site. I have version 5.1 installed. I also have the latest directx installed which Is 9.0c and my soundcard works fine. If anybody knows anything I would be more than thankful.

Thanks In Advance,
Colby P.

Do you know what settings your friend had you change? It would be helpful if you could list a few of them for me. :)

If that doesn't help, we can eliminate the Graphics card being the problem by putting the older cpu in and leaving the 7800gs. Then see if it helps any.

Yea sure buddy,

CPU Ext Frequency = 200MHz
CPU Frequency Multiplier Setting = Menu
CPU Frequency Multiplier = 11.0x
System Performance = User Defined
CPU Interface = Optimal (Greyed out, not able to change)
Memory Frequency = 100% (vs auto, which produces errors)
Memory Timings = User Defined (vs auto..again, errors)
SDRAM Active Precharge Delay = 6
SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay = 3
SDRAM RAS Precharge Delay = 3
SDRAM CAS Latency = 2.5T
FSB Spread Spectrum = Disabled
AGP Spread Spectrum = Disabled
CPU Vcore Setting = Menu
CPU Vcore = 1.650V (which is the default)
Graphics Aperature = 128MB
AGP Frequency = 66MHz (Not Auto)
System BIOS Cacheable = Disabled
Video RAM Cacheable = Disabled
DDR Refrence Voltage = 2.7V(Not auto)
AGP VDDQ Voltage = 1.6V (Not 1.5V default)
AGP 8X Support = Enabled
AGP Fast Write = Enabled

Couple of other adjustments made are these:

In the Integrated Peripherals Menu I switched the Primary VGA BIOS to AGP instead of the default PCI.

I also turned off Q-Fan Control in the Hardware Monitor Menu

Thats what my bios is set at. Thank you again in advance.

i put in install direct 10. and i edited it out cause im dumb and was thinking dx11 was the newest. so yeah, it doesn't show up that i edited my post.

reset all the settings in bios. there should be a thing that says reset to fail-safe options. or like reset to factory settings. or somethign to that effect. and if that makes the game crash then put the bios settings back in that you had previously.

Please dont reply if your not gonna help. If you would have read my post you would have known that Ive already done exactly what you replied. Its obvious u hav no clue what ur talking about and you come in on my thread talking to someone else about direct x 10. Why u crash my thread? If you wanna talk stupid like i tell you are please make your on thread ive got a serious problem that I would like to fix. Lancec was here but I guess yall ran him off he knows how to read and I thought he would have probably help me if a Bunch of kids didnt play around on the forums. Its a place of helping not acting stupid. Lancec if your here please message me back.

Please dont reply if your not gonna help. If you would have read my post you would have known that Ive already done exactly what you replied.

nowhere in your previous posts does it say anything about you resetting your bios. You say you changed the bios, but nowhere does it say you changed it back.

Its obvious u hav no clue what ur talking about and you come in on my thread talking to someone else about direct x 10.

if you knew what you were talking about then you would know that my comment of DirectX would make sense. I had been looking at threads about the new cards comming out and dx10 and forgot that dx9 is whats out for non 2 and 8 series cards. And by me thinking that I automatically thought that dx wasn't updated fully and by updating that your problem might have been solved.

i suggest you stop smack talking me because im not the one who is "Computer Illiterate" I've been around computer a lot more from what it seems like so if you want anymore help then I suggest you change your attitude because I am perfectly capable of helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom