Memory Troubles :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel-Zero

In Runtime
Hey all, some of you might recall that a while ago I had just finished upgrading my computer after some trouble with RAM.

Anyway, when I upgraded one of the memory sticks was bad (my computer would start with it and then turn off after about 5 seconds) so I just ran with one until today when I was able to go back and exchange it. Now both sticks work BY THEMSELVES but not when I put them in together. It gives me the same issue of starting up then turning off after about 5 seconds. I am extremely confused and have no idea what to do.. I have tried both separately and that works and I have tried not running them in dual channel (placing one in the red slot and the other in the yellow) and that does not work. Please help!

Thanks in advance

are they the same chip? like a 2x1gb package? cause it might be a case of dual channel doesn't like your ram setup.

Yep they are the same chip. Wait, they came out of the same packet and were sold as a dual channel kit so I assume so.

and you tried running them dual channel and that didn't work correct?
and have you tried putting them in the red channels?

The red channels? I put them both in yellow, both in red, one in red, one in yellow. None of them worked heh.

so you've tried all different combos?
hm. thats wierd. try using just one stick and testing it in all 4 slots, then do the same with the other one. cause my ram is doing what yours is. i can run 1 fine, but 2 won't run, 1 slot is dead for some reason. I can't imagine that 3/4 slots on your mobo are trashed but it may be the case.

I can run one stick in all the slots. I moved the one stick around and it boots fine in every slot : /. Does anyone know what the default voltage is? Maybe I have to step it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom