6800GS or 6800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
isnt the gt better than gs models, if so the one that is faster stock should be able to be oc'd higher.

No, I thought this poster had a very valid inquiry. and besides, isn't it fun to see what people were talking about a few years ago, when today's "DX10" hardware was never even dreamed of, before even the 7-series GPU's were out?

You know, someday all the threads about people deciding between the 8800 GTS or Radeon HD 2900 are going to be on like page 300 of the forum and we'll all be talking about how DX 11 or 12 is so revolutionary, and how the new GeForce 10,000 GTX card with its 2048 megs of GDDR5 memory and 4.5 GHz core clock with 1,024 stream 2.0 processors is the perfect match for The new 32nm octo-core Nehalem procs that can OC to 5GHz affordably and practically because of a new revolutionary cooling scheme. And all for the amazing price of 300.00. Then no one will remember the 8800 series and its days of grandeur ever again.

No, I thought this poster had a very valid inquiry. and besides, isn't it fun to see what people were talking about a few years ago, when today's "DX10" hardware was never even dreamed of, before even the 7-series GPU's were out?

You know, someday all the threads about people deciding between the 8800 GTS or Radeon HD 2900 are going to be on like page 300 of the forum and we'll all be talking about how DX 11 or 12 is so revolutionary, and how the new GeForce 10,000 GTX card with its 2048 megs of GDDR5 memory and 4.5 GHz core clock with 1,024 stream 2.0 processors is the perfect match for The new 32nm octo-core Nehalem procs that can OC to 5GHz affordably and practically because of a new revolutionary cooling scheme. And all for the amazing price of 300.00. Then no one will remember the 8800 series and its days of grandeur ever again.

I'm gonna guess that by the time dx12 comes out a 5ghz octo-core won't be a big deal (unless new architecure makes it unneccasry for 5ghz).

Valid point... but that doesn't mean you need to bump it, because that just pushes some other "modern" topic to the 2nd page, and nobody else is ever going to see it...

not for me..

when i come home after school, i check every post on the first page and add in where i can...

But most people probably don't do that. I personally usually only view the threads that have been updated since I've last been here unless I have nothing better to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom