Built a new computer...NO POWER!!! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it was working before you disabled onboard then thats your problem. Try resetting the CMOS. turn off the pc completely, turn off the psu, and unplug the psu. to reset the CMOS: there is a thing that looks like a little battery shaped thing on the mobo. pop it out, let it sit for a while then pop the sucker back in and let her rip.

it wasn't working before though, i haven't had a display at all. i'll give the cmos a shot, i was gonna give that a try but i figured i'd wait to see if anyone else came up with that or any other ideas first.

nope, still not working, took out the cmos battery and waited about 1.5 min. then put it back in. still no display, and i took out the pci video card too before i restarted. still no cpu fan spinning either, i'm very confused why this is happening? especially since all the other peripherals are working.

just had an epiphany and gave it a try, unplugged the cpu fan from the cpu fan connection on the mobo and plugged it into the auxiliary fan connection on the mobo and viola, cpu fan works, so the connection where the cpu fan is supposed to go isn't working properly. as for the video problem, which is my biggest problem, i still don't know what to do.

is there a 4pin connector on the pcie card that might not be connected? and do you have any other cards laying around you can try?

my video card is a pci not a pcie and it has a 2 pin connector on it, not a 4 pin. but i dunno what i would plug into it because there were no cable that came with the card and the power supply has a 4 port plug on it but that's for the floppy so i dunno what would go in it? also i don't have a "spare" psu but i could remove an old one from the old computer that my dad is using if need be for testing purposes...

well something needs to get plugged into the card. thats prolly your first order of business. if there's a computer store near you go pick up a 4pin - 2 pin converter.

and where do i plug that 4 pin to 2 pin converter in then? on the 4 pin connector that comes out of the power supply that you would normally plug into the floppy drive? that's the only thing i could think off, but i don't understand why the onboard video wouldn't work then when i don't even have the pci video card inserted when trying to disable the bios...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom