Killer Extreme Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

GC_Vulcan

Solid State Member
Component Product (with review link) Price Summary

CPU Intel Core 2 QX6850
$1249

Bumping up quad-core to the new 1333MHz FSB seems to boost performance, even with DDR2 memory; the price, though high, now seems rational.

Motherboard eVGA nForce 680i SLI
$175
This might be the best Nvidia motherboard chipset yet, and it's certainly the best motherboard layout they've yet made.

Memory Corsair Dominator PC-9136 C5 (2x 1GB)
$379
This matched pair of modules works hand-in-hand with the 680i motherboard we're using to deliver pretty impressive clock rates and lantecies.

Graphics PNY, ASUS GeForce 8800 GTX
$1108
Raw graphics horsepower, superb new image quality features, and an impressive new video processing engine.

Case Customized Antec Nine Hundred
$189
A great high-end case that might get a little cramped inside.

Cooling
Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX
$50

We've paid twice as much for coolers that worked half as well. This is a great buy.

Power supply Tagan TurboJet TG1100 (1100W)
$299

It's massive, and delivers nearly a kilowatt of power, which should be enough for anyone.

Hard drives Western Digital Raptor X 150GB x2
$458

If you need a fast single SATA drive and you don't care how much it costs, this is it. You'll dig the clear cover (but there's a solid-top version for $50 less).

Optical drive Plextor PX-760A
$99
Especially speedy dual-layer DVD+R burning and great performance all around for just under $100.

Sound card X-Fi Fatal1ty
$145
A great sound card for gamers, but a bit pricey.

Keyboard Logitech G15
$59
If you're into MMOs, the macro functions make this keyboard immensely useful. If its LCD programs take off, that could change everything.

Mouse Logitech G5 Gaming Mouse
$46
This is the best gaming mouse we've ever used.

Display Dell UltraSharp 3007 WFP
$1274
If you need lots of screen area, or just want games to blow your mind, the 30-inch 2560x1600- resolution Dell 3007WFP is a great fit.

Speakers Creative GigaWorks S750
$352
Rivals good home audio speakers; tons of bass response; optional decoder box adds versatile I/O for connecting multiple game consoles or other devices.

Media reader Mitsumi FA404A $25
You still need the floppy for installing RAID drivers, and you can use it for your memory cards, too.

Operating system Microsoft Windows XP Professional (OEM) $135
It's the best OS for hard core gamers.

Total $5992

only if i had the money

lol.... you're new to tech forums aren't you?

1 - Ram is absurd overkill considering you can get 4GB of DDR2 800 for $170 now.
2 - 1100W is overkill as well.
3 - Is this your own put-together list or is this ibuypower or something?

lol.... you're new to tech forums aren't you?

1 - Ram is absurd overkill considering you can get 4GB of DDR2 800 for $170 now.
2 - 1100W is overkill as well.
3 - Is this your own put-together list or is this ibuypower or something?

some are from a website recommendations and i tries to make some things better by putting what i think is good

and.. yes Iam new

The RAM is brutally expensive. Save at least $100 right there with really no notice in performance loss probably with some Crucial Ballistix or OCZ platinum, etc...

I also agree that the PSU is a bit much as well unless your gonna go BIGGG SLI'd 8800 GTX's or something.

But hey, it's your money, spend it as you **** well please.

My I ask why you are putting prices in dollars when you are from the UK? I take it from the last scentence of the post that you are not actually buying this rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom