Best Q6600/Mobo Combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie_101

Beta member
Alright, so I I just bought the Intel Quad-Core Q6600 and have been ltrying to decide what mobo is best for it. ASUS seems to have the most popular mobo's but im not sure which one would be the best for my 6600, possibly a P5K? I'm trying to keep it around $200, but feel free to let me know which one you feel is best regardless of the price.

There are a lot of good choices from the P35 chipset. And they all should perform the same, give or take a little.

Good motherboards for the Q6600 are:

ASUS P5K Deluxe
680i SLI (If you want to SLI)
Gigabyte P35-DS3R
Abit IP35 Pro

The DS3R would be the cheapest out of the list. The others will probably offer more features, as they are more expensive, obviously.

There are a lot of good choices from the P35 chipset. And they all should perform the same, give or take a little.

Good motherboards for the Q6600 are:

ASUS P5K Deluxe
680i SLI (If you want to SLI)
Gigabyte P35-DS3R
Abit IP35 Pro

The DS3R would be the cheapest out of the list. The others will probably offer more features, as they are more expensive, obviously.

ya i'd get either the ip35 pro or Asus p5k deluxe

the asus p5k have the record overclocks with p35 boards... but like it matters... and it has wireless built in (if that matters)

As far as the asus goes, i have heard that the customer service is basically non existent if you ever have any problems with it. ATM im running my quad at 3.6ghz on 1.35v. I love my ds3r.

I've had a ds3r/q6600 combo for a little while and I like it a lot, it has been easy for me to overclock the cpu even on stock cooling, and the bios has a lot of handy features. Mine also came with a 3-month free subscription to Norton Internet Security and some other freeware. As for the other boards suggested, I've never owned any of them so I can't compare them but I'm happy with mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom