Overclocking questions 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigabyte P35-DS3R is a well recommended overclocking board. If you asked the forum on what motherboard would be the best to overclock on, 8/10 people would suggest the P35-DS3R because of it's performance and price.

I'm glad everyone is cool about helping. I can see another advantage is you can pay 300 for a oc cpu that does equal of better then 1000 cpu.

Gigabyte P35-DS3R is a well recommended overclocking board. If you asked the forum on what motherboard would be the best to overclock on, 8/10 people would suggest the P35-DS3R because of it's performance and price.

Well since 8 out of 10 would get this board I will trust their knowledge on this subject. I will get the giga-byte p35 ds3r Thanks again for info.

okay... so the set-up I have, the mobo supports 1333Mhz FSB, and the intel is already clocked @ 1333Mhz FSB. Is there a point in OCing then? or will it have no effect since the mobo is only rated for 1333Mhz?

There is a point to overclocking. It gets you the performance of a much more expensive processor for free.

Just because it supports a 1333MHz FSB, doesn't mean that's the only speed it can run at. That's just to say, what processor is compatible with the motherboard or the default speed of the FSB.

...my goodness, this is an old thread.

The fsb doesnt really matter. When boards advertise what they are rated for, they are just telling you what they support at default. My fsb is running at 1600 right now on a board that is rated at 1333.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom