Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha ok, i run premium and have had 0 problems with it apart from the stupid activation window wich always says that the product key is in use wen its not at all

Basic is a toned down version of Vista. It is nothing like XP since it has the Vista kernel, coding and everything. Just doesnt have the Aero interface. But it still operates jsut like Vista.

Again Vista and XP are nothing alike. They have different kernel they are coded differently. The only thing that you can say is the same. The Microsoft Windows part of it. Yeah you can run software from the XP era on it. But as you most of it has to be updated to work on Vista.

I like the new games for windows setup and stuff. But wow. I have had nothing but problems getting everything up and running. No network AT ALL. And the video drivers are giving my horrible artifacting.

I was scared to install vista, im running an old radeon 300x, old ddr pc3200 ram, unknown mobo stock psu adn some junk network card. but oddly enough when i put vista ultimate on.. everything did itself. In xp I after every format i had a **** of a time getting drivers and the internet and everythign to work. was always a 3-4 hour process. When i installed vista.. 45min and everythign was running and configured for me. Didn't have to touch a thing lmao I was in a state of awe. Only thing I had to tinker with was to turn off half the irritating super vista security crap, and with my junk ram i had to turn off aero ><. only bug i've foudn is running Albatross18: Realms of pangya (free online golf game), Alt-tabing or closing the game cuts my icons in half untill reboot. They still work they're just visibly cut in half, really weird lmao.

^ haha nice... i installed Vista for an hour... and i was pretty satisfied.. (i used Home Basic) on this system, and it ran smoothly.. no lag or anything.... but i did disable some core stuff (Win Defender, UAC and that stuff) if i had a Basic Key, then i would have honestly kept it permanently..

Despite underwhelming consumers and being snubbed by enterprises, Windows Vista's numbers keep growing, with Microsoft Corp. saying Thursday that it has now shipped 88 million copies of the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]operating [COLOR=blue! important]system[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], almost double the number of copies of XP in the same amount of time at its launch.

In late July, Microsoft said it had hit the 60 million shipment mark with [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Vista[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Microsoft had previously said that it had shipped 20 million copies of Vista in its first month and 40 million copies of Vista in the first 100 days.

Microsoft credited Vista with helping it beat Wall Street expectations and raise financial projections for the rest of the year. The company reported revenue of US$13.76 billion for the first quarter ended Sept. 30, up 27 percent from the same quarter in 2006.

Full Article: PC World.com
News Source: Bink.nu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom