In Need Of Immediate Attention!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anime_dude07

In Runtime
HELP!!! I'm building my own computer, I bought a bfg nVIDIA nFORCE 680i SLI motherboard, and a case from ThermalTake. I got all the way finished with it accept one thing: the headphone wires don't match up with the 5x2 on the motherboard set aside for the Front Audio connection. They say things like presence j and port 2 R. This completly doesn't match the L SPEAKER IN and GROUND on the wires from the case. Does anyone know what presence j means in this instance?

case wire markings:
EAR R
Return R
EAR L
Return L
MIC IN
MIC VCC or MICBIAS
Ground

motherboard instruction manual post list:

PORT1_L
AUD_GND
PORT1_R
PRECENCE_J
PORT2_R
SENSE1_RETURN
SENSE_SEND
PORT2_L
SENSE2_RETURN

i had the same problem but it didnt really apply to me as i have an x-fi anyway. i never really found a solution on this. im sure sumone else here should no. i always assumed the audio plugs on the case where for older/different connections the a mobo.

well the build I threw together was a little more costly than originally anticipated, so more case mods and add-ons like ANY sound equipment haven't even come in to play yet, so I was just trying to hook up the mic and headphone jacks on the case to the mobo.

yeah, well my connections from case seem to be the same as urs and i also have a 680i so im in the same situation and would still like to see if this can work.

well... I sat there last night staring pointlessly at the connections and the case... and I had an idea. What's the harm in trial and error? port1 can only mean a few things, right? so I got to thinkin...

PORT1_L could only be ear or mic, right?
AUD_GND is obviously ground
PORT1_R right side of port1
PRECENCE_J has to be something to do with mic
PORT2_R is the opposite of port1, ear or mic
SENSE1_RETURN has to be return R or L
SENSE_SEND is the only one I'm not sure of
PORT2_L left side of port2
SENSE2_RETURN has to be the other side of return

is it possible that I am even somewhat close? or if I hook it up like this will it sizzle like a spoon in the microwave? I mean really though, what is the harm in trying it combination after combination until I get it?

it wont sizzle or do anything connecting wrong headers would never do such a thing. i guess ur idea could be close but i would say sumthin like this would be mentioned in the manual

it was sarcasm about the sizzle... but the manual had a table and it showed the exact thing I typed at the top... and the manual for the tower had a table that showed what i've put, but it also had what it should say on the mobo next to each item, and none of them match up except the ground. I looked at that for about 15 minutes trying to think of how it could connect, and I came up with my previous post, but I'm a chicken **** and I don't want to damage my $300 mobo.

on a side note all-in-all it was a $2200 build.

lol ive tried it many times with different combinations. never tried to use the audio ports ne way. trust me nuthing will happen. at least didnt for me the last couple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom