SirCybers (hopefully) Final Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
ok, first I'd like to say to the many people out there who have helped me. I wanted to post this in hopes that I can hear what you all think, and just kinda as a last minute checkover.
XClio Windtunnel Full tower
EVGA 680i MOBO (already have this purchased)
q6600 2.4 GHz Intel quad core cpu
Kingwin Gladiator (size and looks, plus reviews put it very high)(I know we've talked about this before)
Seagate Barracuda 500GB (media storage & animation storage)
Seagate Barracuda 160GB (OS, my docs)
Western Digital Raptor 150GB (I know, I know, but I really want to see this in action for myself) (games and final animation output)
EVGA 8800 Ultra 768MB graphics Card (will add another later for SLI for multi-screen)
Asus SATA CD/DVD ROM
Ultra Internal floppy w/ all-in-one card reader
Ultra X3 1KW PSU (I have my reasons, and they are argued on the forums)
Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2x1GB
aerocool 120mm turbine 2000 fan (for exhaust)
Killer NIC
Arctic Silver 5
Aerocool black gatewatch.
I know some of you may question some of these parts, but some things will just stay put in my mind, such as psu and cpu heatsink. on the whole, thanks for your extremely valuable advice!

About the 8800 ultra. Just wanted to give you the heads up that you can do multi screen with just one card

I know you are set on the Ultra 1000w psu. But I think there are better QUALITY 1kw units than that one

The Killer NIC, is that the $130 rj45 network card? If so, a lot of reviews have said that there is no performance increase using it over your standard motherboard unit.

That is about all I can find to critique. :)

well, ok, *guess I'll open it up LOL ok, so say I'm going for a 600-800 watt psu. looking for 60+amps on a single 12v rail. what's recommended? 800 seems like a better shot. The killer NIC... I have read ALOT of reviews that say it does, know anybody who has actually used it? also, I'm prolly getting the Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Fatality Platinum. I'll be running some serious audio, kinda goes along with the software I'm dealing with *i.e. fruity loops and adobe audition*... I'm going with the single GPU for now, if I NEED to upgrade later I will, so it's an as is deal.

If you are getting the X-FI, I think the gamers edition is a better buy.

If you want to try the NIC card, don't let me stop you. :) Then we will have a personal review of it here on T.F., nothing wrong with that.

Here is a 60amp single rail PC power & cooling power supply, definitely a top notch brand.

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad (Black) EPS12V 750W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, ULC, CE, CB, RoHS - Retail

And you are right on going with a single ultra. Nothing is going to stop that card right now.

checked into it, liked it, but what seperates them is the additional port on card and the 5.25 drive bay controller. I was looking at getting a audio controller before I found the fatality (I'm not ALWAYS at my puter lol)

change that case if it were me!

I know, I know, for the coolermaster 830 or 832... personally I like the 830 best of the two, but I am trying to think of the money issue and the windtunnel is just cheaper enough to make it worth it,that and it was one of the recommended brands I go with. any ideas on best way to add a top mounted case fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom