RV670 is Radeon HD 3800 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully the 2900 prices will go down. next computer i build i think i will use an ATI card or two depending if they can get there crap straight with drivers

It will be GDDR 3 and 4 (depending on the model) Why would they use GDDR5 when GDDR4 isnt even widely used yet?

Qimonda AG – according to market studies made by iSuppli – is the second graphics manufacturer in the world, after Samsung. They want to skip ahead by leaving GDDR4 memory production behind in favor of GDDR5 memory. The previous rename that Infineon had built up helped Qimonda triple its share market from 10 to 30%.

According to Robert Feurle, vice president for Qimonda , the jump in the computer industry will not be towards discrete graphics solutions, but towards the high end segment of the market. Based on studies made by several companies that specialize in market research such as iSuppli and Citigroup, Feurle believes that the market for discrete graphics will decrease in size by 2011, while the mainstream market for graphics cards will orient itself towards the use or GDDR5, rather than GDDR4.

Qimonda Plans GDDR5 - Everybody thinks one step ahead, but this is a quantum leap. - Softpedia

There should be samples by EO q4, this year so it seems very likely since they are the second biggest Gfx mem manufacturers, so Quimonda wants to skip the GDDR4, and besides GDDR4 has been used since the x1950XTX, I'll still wait for GDDR5

meh.. gddr5 wil shave have super horrible timings, and probably be crap like the first batch of ati's ddr4... which only overclocked to about 2100 mhz or somethign like that due to some kinda bug... that angered me when i had my 1950xtx

ATI already has a cheap supply of GDDR4 memory for mainstream as well as high end products. (2600XT, x1950XTX, 2900XT). Just a matter of time before they completly phase out GDDR2 for budget and replace with GDDR3 while high end will be strictly be GDDR4 and later GDDR5. When you got faster memory, you could say your at a slight advantage...

Anyways, how sad of the HD 2xxx series, replaced already and how much months has it been since it was released?

i bought an x1950XT 256mb card in june some time for £100, is it worth me upgrading to the 3xxx series when its released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom