Weird Error Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntonOle

In Runtime
Can anyone help? Whenever i try to open any of my disk drives or memory sticks using the double click or right click then open , it opens the file c:windows/system32

The only way to access them is to right click and the explore..

I have done an antivirus check with nod32 (latest signature) and a few up to date spyware appz and got no virus .

What can this be?

Windows sometimes needs a reinstall of the drives. Sometimes your optical drives won't even be seen. Then you go into the device manager and open the section where the drives are listed and right click on the ones you are having problems with to choose the uninstall option.

After restarting the system the drives are then seen in MyComputer and Windows Explorer as Windows itself has reinstalled a fresh set of drivers. This is seen after Windows has seen a fresh detection of the drives installed. For the memory disks the driver disk if one was provided would then be needed.

i tried making a shortcut of the c drive on my desktop and when i try to open it it tells me an error about a missing .dll file named flashinf.dll

i tried searching for this file on yahoo and google and the only results that came out where on an antivirus forum where it was discussed in relation to a virus called autorun or something. That sounds like the problem i have. When i right click a drive, the first option on top is "Auto". Dont think this existed before

Windows sometimes needs a reinstall of the drives. Sometimes your optical drives won't even be seen. Then you go into the device manager and open the section where the drives are listed and right click on the ones you are having problems with to choose the uninstall option.

After restarting the system the drives are then seen in MyComputer and Windows Explorer as Windows itself has reinstalled a fresh set of drivers. This is seen after Windows has seen a fresh detection of the drives installed. For the memory disks the driver disk if one was provided would then be needed.

should i uninstall the drivers for both my hard drives? Is it sure that doing do will not affect my system after i restart the computer ? will the letters assigned to each drive return to the one it was? dont wont to mess up the paths of the system or anything

thanks

It's a quick method used when drives are not seen in an explorer window when going to browse folder. Generally when right clicking on a drive's icon you should see the option for properties as well as opening it up.

The idea is that when drives are not seen or unable to be opened you allow Windows to reinstall them as newly detected drives. When seen again they still have the same drive letters originally assigned to them by Windows or by using the Disk Management tool in XP and Vista. That's a separate process altogether there.

Once uninstalled in the device manager you should see normal functions return once the system is restarted. For the memory drives since they are external addons you may be prompted for a driver disk if one had to be used initially being an additional device for usb or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom