Core system upgrade @ $550 or less

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboticSithDrone

Baseband Member
Right now, my comp is somewhat in need of an upgrade due to the powers that be at AMD deciding to no longer make procs for my socket type (cursed 939 :( ). After looking around a bit, I've decided on a rough idea for my upgrade. Can I do it with my current PSU? Should I get different parts?

RAM: G-Skill 4-4-3-5

Mobo: Here's where it gets a bit mixed up. Is there a difference between this and this besides $30?

Proc: intel E6750

HSF: Zalman 9500

You should be able to use that power supply with no problem. The Crucial ballistix ram is a lot cheaper after rebate.

The more expensive one comes with more cables I think.

Thanks for the suggestions!

What temps can be reached with the Tuniq as opposed to the 9500? Noise really isn't a problem for me; if it's not blasting the fans at full speed, I'm worried it's not working :p

It's this HSF, yes?

If so, not so sure about getting it; reason I'm getting a 9500 to begin with is the fact that I'm worried about 120mm HSFs not fitting in my case.

oh ya thats right
maybe take measurements of the space you have in your case and compare to that of the tuniq, its definatly worth it over the 9500 if you can fit it
it fits in most cases that are midtower+

This is my case; dimensions are (according to Newegg) 19.5" x 8.3" x 18.9"(HxWxD). I'll probably post the space inside when/if I open up my comp.

the 680i isn't that great of a board for the price... don't get me wrong.. its a nice board and has a lot of nice features (6 SATA Ports and Dual Gigabit Ports)
but p35's are overall cheaper and overclock better... heck even the p35-ds3p is cheaper than that... and that has Crossfire instead of SLi (but who really needs it anyway)

EDIT: did you plan on using your two 7800gt's for SLi on those boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom