e4400 OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
stock intel. i just got it up and running so i haven't had time to get a good cooler on it. the clock speed is max 355. im only running on 512 ram so i've got some other stuff to upgrade before i can think about cooling systems. (including getting a better fan.)

If he's reading under 25C, then he has so much headroom to overclock further.

Hey midn1gh7, what are your ambients?...because that is low for a stock cooler. Are you in a basement or something?

^^ ill run it once i can find my xp home disk...... haha. i'll be sure to moniter temps, but i've got pretty good airflow, and the stock intel cooler seems to be doing a good job. plus the cpu is pretty cool as is.

Nah, im in a bedroom. and when I go over 300 for the clock it will do what it usually does when i save the changes, and it'l show up as running at 200 for the clock, and options to change the multiplier and clock speeds are disabled. (they can be enabled tho)

also, will add this.
i have it oc'd now at 3.01ghz and the temp is reading 24-25 C
but whenever i bump it up at all it will go wacked on me like i mentioned before.

Looks like you need to add more voltage to the CPU or vcore. Just bump up the voltage one notch higher.

there isn't an option for voltage. under the heading in the bios Frequency/Voltage Control all there is is O.C. FSB1066 Core.2 CPU, CPU Clock Ratio, CPU Host Clock Control, CPU Host Frequency(Mhz), AGP/PCI/SCR Fixed, and Memory Frequency For

ahh...just noticed the chipset you're overclocking with. The 865G chipset, isn't known as a great overclocker. So if you don't have any control over voltages, you shouldn't go really far. But looking at your temps, I think it's ok.

well it works great for what i want it to do.. agp + ddr + dual core cpu. so do you think i should stop at the 3.01ghz? also what is the AGP/PCI/SRC thing that i can mess with? options are 66/33, 67/34 etc.?

I think that's the initial display. So it should be AGP, since you're using an AGP graphics card, I assume.

Don't mess with those numbers though. It's better left, the way they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom