Serious Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragan

Baseband Member
Hi Guys Ive just built an AMD Athlon System for my self recently and here are the specs

Ipex t400 Case kind of outgrown it .
Amd Athlon XP 2400+
160Gigabyte hardrive which are two 80gigs
704mb of ram dam onboard graphics
Sony 4x dvd burner
Winfast 2000 tv tuner card
450watt powersupply
6 Case fan 4exhaust 2intake

And you see with this Pc i Burn dvds and all that it take about 1hour and six minutes to burn on dvd but.

But I want to upgrade my pc to be able to copy dvds around 15-20 minutes at most.

I just want to know what should i upgrade Should I get an Amd Athlon 2800+ or just get a gig of ram.

Plz I need help realy bad 1 hour is to long.
I've only got $300 to spend and no more

If i get the 2800+ Processor will it do the encoding faster and encode the video in 15-20 mintues at most

much to my annoyance, i must admit that P4's are better at encoding than AMD's. im not telling u to change to a P4 but i thought i would just point that out. but get a better CPU and then an 8x DVD burner.

My uncle copies DVD's in 15 minutes per, his computer is 500MHz Duron with 384MB memory SDRAM PC100. Upgrading the processor won't help you burn DVD's quicker.

I thought from the original post that you want to burn DVD's quicker?

My uncle copies DVD's in 15 minutes per, his computer is 500MHz Duron with 384MB memory SDRAM PC100. Upgrading the processor won't help you burn DVD's quicker.

Sorry, i got a bit off topic there, Intel procesors encode faster, but that will not necesarily increase burn speed, an 8x dvd burner, however, will.

Why spend all that money on a new proc when all you need is a faster burner (8x)

to right you are 105, just get an 8x burner and that'll do the trick, don't buy a new cpu, you don't have to. unless you want to burn some money and buy a better one, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom