How do I know if I have overclock too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoWarrior

In Runtime
How do I know if I have overclock a video card too much? I don't want it to destroy my video card so what syptems that I need to look for when you are overclocking a video card too much?

Thanks

You will see artefacts, little flickers and dark patches, followed by system crashing if you crank it up to high. To be honest, unless you start playing with higher voltages, you are unlikely to damage the card through overclocking, you will just get unstable performance.

Keep an eye on the temperature as well, that will creep up a little with the higher clock speeds.

Always do a little research on the card you currently own before overclocking. Use other people's experiences as guidelines to how far you can overclock your graphics card.

control panel > display > settings > advanced, and there should be a tab there dislaying the temp. at least ATI does

I can't find it On my Nvidia 5900 XT BFG Overcloacked Edtion Graghic Card Settings and even in the liveing room computer that has a Radeon 9800 Pro doesent have the setting your directing me to... So is there any way to with a Nvidia Card?

I have yet to come across an ATI card that has default drivers that display the temperature within Advanced Display Options.

I would rely on the manufacturer of your card to provide a VGA probe utility to monitor your VGA temperature.

Well the reason why you can't find the temps on the cards that were shipped out prior to the x800's was because all the drivers made for the 9800xt were like.. 3.8v or something... I think they did the temp thing around 4.2, so that's why.. you just have to update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom