Why can't I get VMvare to boot from cd when am OS is present?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
I trying to screen record, how to install xp without a cd. but I can't vmware to boot from cd when xp is already there. I want to boot the bart pe cd and head to the c drive of windows but it won't boot from cd with xp installed. now if I start a new virtual machine I can boot the bart cd. but it won't show the c drive then.

what am I missing?

thx. I will try this one. I didn't understand the difference in versions (workstation server)

I didnt try the bartpe disk but I did try ERD commander and 2003 server cd and they both worked

I didnt try the bartpe disk but I did try ERD commander and 2003 server cd and they both worked

I've used erd commander too with success if I install xp on the same partition. but I can't delete and create new partition with it (I use a partition plug in with bart). it has the tools to do it but windows didn't recognize the partitions. if this works right, I can experiment with erd again through stimulation.

ok. it works on this one. I have to hit esc and f12 to boot a few time (instead of the one time like you think it would do), but I don't care . it works. I was hitting those button a thousand times on workstation.

thx. I'm off to make the tutorial with camtasia screen recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom