I want to make this TV my monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojobombiest

Beta member
So, I'm an experienced computer user. I've been on this problem for a few days and have tried EVERYTHING that I can think of. I have a 19" LCD Computer Monitor and I have a 32" Sharp LCD TV that I want to use when I watch movies on my computer. The TV works fine in safe mode, but it will not load windows. At first I thought it was the refresh rate, or the resolution. So I lowered those down as far as they will go, but with no luck. I tried reinstalling the video card drivers. I've tried a new monitor cable. I've tried using s-video, and it actually works but the quality is so bad that I'd rather go out and rent the movie on DVD. I've tried a different slot on my video card. I've tried jiggling and wiggling for hours but nothing happens. It's just black! I have been playing around with my video card settings for hours and tried everything but nothing seems to work.

The thing that I don't get is it worked about a month ago on my computer and I haven't gotten any new hardware or software; I'm baffled. Help!

I know this is obvious and you already probably did all this, but have you looked at the TV manual and changed settings on that side of things. Just a thought.

I haven't done it but that shouldn't make a difference because the TV worked fine a few weeks ago, and still works in safe mode. I'm sure it has to be something with my computer, I just don't know what...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom