QX6700 w/ 680i...poor overclocking exp... help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
Ok so as you can see, I have a QX6700 and an EVGA 680i. Way back a couple months ago, I decided to get into OC'ing my comp. I ran into the problem of not being able to push the FSB much at all. After lots of trial and error, I ended up bumping my muliplier to x12 and my FSB to 1100 and increasing the vCore to 1.35. I feel like I'm missing out on overclocking potential with this FSB problem. I have a real nice watercooling setup so I'm not worried about heat issues. Can anybody explain this problem to me or suggest things I might be doing wrong.

Thanks

What are the rest of the voltages set to? NB, RAM, etc...You may have to bump up the voltage some more. 1.4v on the CPU, is nothing to be worried about, with watercooling.

You also might want to drop the multiplier, so you can get a higher FSB speed, which is better than a higher multiplier/lower FSB speed. 10x is a good one, which is stock. But then I guess that would defeat the purpose of having an Extreme edition.

...but with a x12 multiplier, you should be able to reach, at least 300(1200) on the FSB.

Have you made sure to set your RAM timings, voltage and frequency? (sorry if this is a stupid question!)

Ok, my voltages are as follows:

CPU: 1.35v
FSB: 1.2v
Memory: 2.15v
nForce SPP: 1.25v
nForce MPP: 1.5v
HT nForce SPP <-> 1.2v

Andyf: Nothing is a stupid question for me. My memory is at 1100 MHz 1:1 2.2v 4-3-3-10. Thats not the problem.

first turn your FSB to 1.5V, or else you will never get ANYWHERE

i run mine at:

FSB: 1.5
SPP: 1.55
MPP: 1.65
HT: 1.60

i can easily boot at 4.1GHz and do basic tasks with a 1.55 CPU

hope that helps some.

i will link you to the 680i OC thread on xtremesystems later when i can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom