1337infamous

In Runtime
OK, firstly i will list my specs:
8800gts 320mb
q6600 @ 2.4 ghz
2gb of 800mhz gskill memory
antec 900 case
stock cooling

i have only over clocked my gpu to 594/900 and it runs at about 70*C (130*F).
I tried to over clock my fsb and memory, but it will only let me overclock it to 2.59 ghz and nothing more. Do i have to change the voltages to get it above this point, and if so, how high can i get it and the memory on stock cooling?

the GPU temp is fine... it goes pretty near 90 degrees on Load... so thats fine.. if you have thermal paste leftover, i highly recommend you pull off the heatsink and put the new thermal paste on it to drop temps a bit, and it'll also cause it to be softer...

What mobo are you using, that is going to make a HUGE difference in your overclocking abilities. Also, if you redo the TIM on the video card with AS5 you should see about 10C drop in temps, and even lower if you have a fan blowing nice fresh air from outside the case right onto the card. My GTS never breaks 70C when gaming.

nice, thanks. how about these now:
I tried to over clock my fsb and memory, but it will only let me overclock it to 2.59 ghz and nothing more. Do i have to change the voltages to get it above this point, and if so, how high can i get it and the memory on stock cooling?

I have the P5N-E SLI motherboard too, so maybe I can give some tips.

I think it's better to unlink the FSB and RAM, but still set them to the same speed, for a 1:1 ratio. At least, thats how I do it.

If you haven't touched your voltages yet, I think the stock CPU voltage is 1.3? So increase by one notch. I think it's 1.30625v. And you should set the NB Core voltage to 1.393v, to get the ball rollin'. I found this helps at the beginning. Set your RAM voltage to stock 2.1v

edit: I noticed, you're overclocking with the stock cooler. OK, as long as the temperatures of the CPU are alright, it's ok for the voltages to go up a little. If not, don't touch the voltages. You really should get something, like a Tuniq, when overclocking the Q6600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom