What's the best power supply out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have personally known 2 different people who have had PC and Power cooling power supplies that have blown up.

They are extremely good, but they aren't indestructible...which many people seem to think.

No one says they aren't indestructible however I have also heard that one time when a power storm took out a PC and Power Cooling PSU and the rest of an entire 2k build, they replaced the person's ENTIRE RIG. Not just the PSU...that is amazing.

personal fan of the X3 1000 watt... 70amps on 12v rail... futureproof

This is actually somewhat of a misnomer. Unless you plan to go to a quad video card with an octo core cpu everything you replace is going to require less power at this point. Video cards and CPUs are all being die shrunk and becoming more and more power efficient.

AHH NICE!!!!

the PC Power n Cooling PSU is exactly what i need, n cheaper too, compared to the one i was originally gonna get. NICE FIND U SAVED ME MONEIZ!!!!:

Newegg.com - SeaSonic M12 SS-700HM ATX12V / EPS12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC - Retail

EDIT:

aww its red :(, i would just spray paint it black then.

Were you talking about this?:
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad (Crossfire Edition) EPS12V 750W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, RoHS - Retail
...because you linked a SeaSonic.

I think you're looking for:
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad (Black) EPS12V 750W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, ULC, CE, CB, RoHS - Retail

I would suggest this, though:
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 EPS12V EPS12V 610W Continuous @ 40°C Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, cUL, CE, CB, TUV - Retail
...no need for 750 or 700+.

ya i meant the PSU from PC n Cooling then i posted what i was planning on getting originally. Thx for finding a black one for me.

EDIT:

hmm na i need a PSU with 2 x 6pin n 2 x 8pin for future graphics cards im plan on getting (R680 or R700). Thx for the offer though.

The BEST PSU? The new PCP&P 1.2kW. The silverstones dont actually have one 12V rail, they have many 'virtual' rails and the enermax galaxys have a pathetic 6 12V rail system.

I have the 610 and I am loving it. Seasonic builds power supplies for Corsair and PC Power & Cooling, and PCPC(pc power and cooling) has a higher standard than corsair when building them, but they are both good.

If you want the 520HX get it from clubit.com and save like 30 dollars!

There Is No Best, Only bad and overkill.

Refer to link in signature.
I leave wattage and Amperage reccomendations to be made in the specific thread for a specific build, which Is why I said nothing about it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom