Get your space cubes today

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
I have always had a fascination with nano tech and the smallest pc's and I bring to you the space cube

tinyPCs_w.jpg

With a name like Space Cube, this gadget had me expecting something a little more Borgified, but by claiming to be the world's smallest PC, it still commands some attention. It measures just 2 x 2 x 2.2 inches (not quite a cube, really, but let's not quibble), which is apparently enough volume for 64 MB of SDRAM and a CPU that can go as fast as 300 MHz. As for what else is on board, we'll wait for our Japanese analysts' final report, but the Cube (Model SEMC5701B) has a remarkable number of connectors, including ports for a monitor, serial connection, USB, microphone, Ethernet, flash memory, and something called "Space Wire." Further examination of the company's Web site, however, reveals the Space Cube may not be the smallest PC on planet Earth, with its little brother, the SEMC5071A, measuring a mere 2 x 2 x 1.8 inches. From the looks of it, you get a slightly smaller "cube" that gives up the mysterious Space Wire for a more brightly colored shell.

old article but does anyone know what happened to "space wire"???

I have always had a fascination with nano tech and the smallest pc's and I bring to you the space cube

tinyPCs_w.jpg

With a name like Space Cube, this gadget had me expecting something a little more Borgified, but by claiming to be the world's smallest PC, it still commands some attention. It measures just 2 x 2 x 2.2 inches (not quite a cube, really, but let's not quibble), which is apparently enough volume for 64 MB of SDRAM and a CPU that can go as fast as 300 MHz. As for what else is on board, we'll wait for our Japanese analysts' final report, but the Cube (Model SEMC5701B) has a remarkable number of connectors, including ports for a monitor, serial connection, USB, microphone, Ethernet, flash memory, and something called "Space Wire." Further examination of the company's Web site, however, reveals the Space Cube may not be the smallest PC on planet Earth, with its little brother, the SEMC5071A, measuring a mere 2 x 2 x 1.8 inches. From the looks of it, you get a slightly smaller "cube" that gives up the mysterious Space Wire for a more brightly colored shell.

old article but does anyone know what happened to "space wire"???

lol ya...

seems sorta tacky to me....

this is more portable than a laptop... but then again.. you still got a monitor to haul around :)

well, wait until they have the roll-up olcd's (organic liquid crystal display) for your pocket, a roll-up "indestructable" keyboard, and a mini laptop mouse and you are set!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom