I need advice building a 5-6k USD 'puter

Status
Not open for further replies.
sigh...its late...i'm lazy...but

somebody support me on this...i found this claim on several forums but no actual benchmarks :/

One Terabyte Hitachi SATA drive compared to others
WD 750gb wins price and performance

i dont even have to back up my power supply as if its not enough power
plz shoot me

2gb is PLENTY for gaming, will load and run everything alright
4gb will make vista run slightly faster, not worth $100 unless you do heavy video editing, or large intensive programs that require loads of RAM

plextor vs lg
Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

deathhawk plz stop flaming everyones comments kthx

i'm only a month late, but still, i'll join in..

I didn't think I'd have to explain the HD 2900 XT vs Ultra's argument, but I guess I do. Ultra wins on a very high percentage of the benchmarks, in both single and dual card configurations. It depends what application you are using. The XT outperforms the Ultra severely when it comes to 3DMark 06, but the Ultra performs very well in other areas, although the margin is made smaller when crossfired vs SLI. Also, the XT has had problems with AA. and once heat/noise/power are taken into effect... I would say the Ultra has an upper hand for somebody who is not limited by the price factor.

Realize the comment I made was made before the release of the new Catalyst release. Benchmarks are likely to change with the release, and I know for a fact that AMD has severely improved Crossfire performance.

A hard drive is not quality? what the fawkz0rz does that mean? It's obviously not as fast, proven in the reviews, but anybody could have told you that. How does that make it less quality? regardless of the price, the harddrive performs fine, and is a high quality drive, and it has something over the 750gb HDD, as in 250gb
Would I buy the 1TB drive? No, but that doesn't mean it's not quality.

4gb of RAM does help for games, mutlitasking, etc. And yes, I would definitely buy 4gb of RAM if you're planning on spending 4.5k on a computer. As if the 100 dollars you're spending on RAM is too overkill to get, and not worth it. NEWSFLASH, LOL, I DON'T THINK PRICE IS THE PROBLEM RIGHT NOW. He wants a fast computer, not a cheap one.
Also, there are some games now that can use up 2gb of RAM, so considering this build will likely be used in the future, what do you expect to happen.. Obviously, RAM usage will increase.

The 1000w powersupply is overkill, but the 750w? It's more than enough yes, but that's what you want. You don't want a PSU that's cutting it close, you want a PSU that can last a few years, and give you room to upgrade, etc. A PSU can be a long time investment, just like a case, and if price isn't a factor, I don't see whats wrong with even the 750w.

I was not referring to the DVD drives when I made that comment. As if there are any differences worth mentioning between all of them..

And that is Canadian.... so prices are a lot more on parts..

ya which really sucks now, because yesterday i found out that the canadian dollar is worth more then the american now, abd **** is still more expensive :(, i found this out while on ebay, the ebay items where more expensive in american than they where canadian, but computer parts from ncix, are still more expensive.

Deathawk, I am not sure if you are talking to me or someone else? My final build is in my sig. Yes, the USD and CAD are close to 1:1 but we are still paying a lot more for some reason. I will take pics soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom