Why do we need language specific Operating System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooni_mirza

Beta member
Hi all,

I am confused about something. I just want to know why do we need language specific Operating system? I mean if we talk about about Japenese language then why do we need Japenese version of Windows? Can't we just add Japenese language support in English version of Windows?

And also what's the difference in adding Japenese support to english version and Japense version Windows?

BR,
mooni

Because honestly why do we need a multi-language OS? How do we choose which language is the primary? If we choose English why? Why not Japanese? Why not Hindu? We do seperate lanuages to make life simple in those parts of the world. If we only shipped English and then offered language packs what do we do where they do not speak english and can not figure out how to get the language pack installed?

If we ship every OS with the choice of primary language you will get everyone in a uproar. If people are upset about Vista's isntall already being about 8GB in size what happens when we have to triple ti to get every language supported? This is a easy way not to step on toes and get in trouble with other foreign governments. The EU would not be happy if the OS was in UK English over American English.

specific langauge support is much more intricate than simply translating some things here and there...

think about it for a moment and I'm sure you'll realize it...or hope you do ;)

That's why the language packs are so large. They should give people who buy Vista ultimate a separate language disc :D

Well that is why they are available as Ultimate Extra downloads. But yes they are large. Cause you have to translate everything.

Ever heard of "engrish"? Translations arent exact.
Why are driving tests given in spanish. Thats the question that people should be asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom