Just built, should I go 32 or 64 bit OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnico88

In Runtime
I just built my system and so far I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit, but I was thinking of upgrading to the x64 version of the os. My question is: Is it worth the trouble? Can I still find drivers and will games and apps still work the same, or do the have to be x64 specific? Thanks for the help, specs in the sig.

hmm nice I'm running Vista ultimate 32-bit and am gonna put 64-bit on my new system. From anything I've read they've worked out quite a few of the compatibility issues. Of course theres still going to be a few.

Why the upgrade to 64-bit? I'm doing it cause I'll be running more than 2Gb RAM. If you don't plan on going over 2Gb I don't know if there's anything worth the time and trouble of upgrading, I could be wrong and not know something else that's different about it though.

I think that you would see a large performance increase with editing ultra high resolution pictures, not sure about what else though.

I run Vista Ult 64 bit with 4 gb of ram on a Q6600 and it runs like a dream!! I highly recommend 64 bit unless you got less than 4gb. Yea some programs may not work with and some of your devices may not have 64 bit drivers but honestly I don't really think it's a problem anymore like it was when Vista first came out. For anyone building a new system do 64 bit you won't regret it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom