Can I set a time for vista to wake up from sleep mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

og5

Baseband Member
Anyone know if it's possible to do this? I need my computer to be on at a certain time and it would be nice if I could configure it to get out of sleep by then.

don't think so but you can set in the bios to boot up by rtc alarm (i think) and set the date and time you want the computer to boot up and it should boot up. make sure you set auto log on to windows if you it to be logged on already

If it is in sleep mode it only takes about a minute to wake from it. Cant wait jsut a minute?

mine takes even shorter than that but i am not available to turn it on when i would like it to turn on so that is why i'm asking.

I can understand kinda what you mean. But at the same time. When you get there if it takes less than a minute. Why not just wait that short amount of time and let it come on. Is it like a total necessity that it is on when you get there.

no I'm not at home at all to turn the computer on. It has to turn on by itself or it won't go on at all when i need it to (it needs to be on to be connected to the interent at a certain time)

Which still doesnt make any sense. If you are not home why do you need it on? Why must it be connected to the internet at a certain time? Have to be there for a download or something?

Cant be vague and expect a answer. If you are not there then why does the machine have to be on? Why not leave it in sleep mode but not shut down the hard drives? Why not just leave it with the screensaver on? How come your PC loses net connection in sleep mode. Mine doesnt. I constantly am downloading stuff with my PC going into sleep mode. I jsut dont turn on the hard drives.

Dude you sound like an interrogator ;) I want it on because I swing trade stocks and the stock trading program won't execute unless the program is on (meaning computer is running) and able to send the order (meaning computer is connected to the internet) I used to be able to do this in the morning myself but due to my new schedule I need to enter the orders the night before and let them execute in the morning (which is fine as long as the computer is on at that time)

My computer disconnects from the internet in sleep mode, I know this because it takes about 10 seconds to reconnect when it wakes up.

Any idea how i could turn it on automatically?

There is no simple solution. Cause there is no application nor any way around it. Sorry. I have looked but come up with nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom