My CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Okay, this rig isnt for gamming, its for hosting a small game ive made for online play. A very small server if you will that i can leave on all day.

Now.....

Can anyone tell me why i shouldnt get the AMD Athlon x2 6000+ over an Intel Core 2 Duo of similar speed? Especially when i dont want to spend alot and the AMD is half the price.

Any info would be good. :happy:

ya.. then an AMD is more than enough...

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Black Edition Processor - Retail

pretty cheap for an unlocked multiplier eh?

all you need to do is push the multiplier up to 16 and you have the speeds of this:

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - Retail

for 80$ less and 65nm and less power consuming!!!

regular 5000+ Brisbane is $119:

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Processor - Retail

but I'd rather pay the extra $10 for an unlocked multiplier..

of course if u buy the black box edition cpus, your gonna have to buy a hsf. The 5000+ black box can overclock right away to 3.2ghz however.

Okay, this rig isnt for gamming, its for hosting a small game ive made for online play. A very small server if you will that i can leave on all day.

Now.....

Can anyone tell me why i shouldnt get the AMD Athlon x2 6000+ over an Intel Core 2 Duo of similar speed? Especially when i dont want to spend alot and the AMD is half the price.

Any info would be good. :happy:

Because you can buy a cheap E2180 and Artic Freezer Pro 7 and overclock the chip to on far speeds of an X2 6000 for a lot less...overclocking is always the way to go nowadays I think. However if you don't overclock then AMD is good for the money. You do also understand that an X2 6000 @ 3.0ghz is really only around the speed of a C2D @ 2.6ghz

i think AMD's significantly fixing this with the phenoms not sure though
anyway when they do fix it intel will one-up them :p

well heres a proof that around 2.6ghz is the place where x2 6000+ will fit in
http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/cpu/dualcore-roundup/charts/average.png

Are you blind ?

Just look at your own benchmark, you have proved by yourself that C2D @ 2.4GHz is better than 6000+

E6600 is 2.4GHz, not 2.6GHz

average.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom