final build (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeseking25

In Runtime
Ok, Im hoping that this will be my final build...

Case: Antec 900 ATX
CPU: Q6600 (plan to oc it to 3GHz)
PSU: OCZ GameXtreme 700W (this can run SLI 8800GTX's rite?)
Mobo: ASUS P5N32-E SLI
Vid. Card: 8800 GTX
Memory: 2GB Corsair XMS2 800MHz
HD 1: Raptor 10000RPM 150GB
HD 2: Seagate 7200RPM 320GB
DVD: Two 20x DVDRW w/lightscribe

hows it look? im hoping 2 keep it for awhile... comments plz :)

Suprised your not looking into RAID. With a pretty high end setup like that you would see a good bit of performance increase.

No it won't....where are you buying these parts from. Are you buying from the states? If so Ballistix is better ram than XMS2.

Build looks great dude. Like Sora said though, the crucial ballistix would be the better choice. Both are great but the ballistix are better, a bit.

Build looks good, I would suggest using an alternative PSU, I think a Corsair HX620 would do the trick or perhaps a PC power & cooling Silencer 700W. Read up about RAID if you are thinking about it, I have read many, many articles suggesting theres basically nothing to be gained performance wise.

Are you sure about SLI? 2x GTX = much spend vs. little gain. You might want a different Mobo either way...

Also, If you are thinking of 3Ghz overclock, you'll need an aftermarket cooler. With your budget, you could afford a Thermalright ultra 120 extreme and a 120mm fan to go with it (although it might stop you from using the sidefan slot on the Antec 900). Tuniq tower 120 is another option.
Oh and make sure the Q6600 is SLACR G0 stepping if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom