What is everyone's thoughts on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TRUE 120 is the best air cooling on the market. And in some cases is better than low end water cooling. Thats why it is recommended. I have one, although it needs to be lapped, but at 3.6ghz i tend to stay around 50C while gaming and around 61 if im running stress testing which i really dont care about anyway :p

The TRUE 120 is the best air cooling on the market. And in some cases is better than low end water cooling. Thats why it is recommended. I have one, although it needs to be lapped, but at 3.6ghz i tend to stay around 50C while gaming and around 61 if im running stress testing which i really dont care about anyway :p

Lapped?

Does lapping prove to be effective if required? If so, do you see a decent increase in temperature control from the heatsink/fan?

Uniontown? I grew up in Waynesburg, not too far east of you...I believe east.

Lapping has been proven to reduce the temperature of your CPU. Depending on how well of a lap job you did on the surface you could get another 2-5C lower temps with the same heat sink. I have always wanted to lap mine but I have some MX-1 on the bottom of my CPU and If i take it off to lap it I only have AS5 to replace. I don't feel like purchasing a thing of MX-1 or 2 right now heh.

Waynesburg is not far at all from us..maybe like 40 minutes? Uniontown and Waynsburg play each other in sports a lot of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom