8600GT good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so for about $100 or under, what is the card with the highest core clock speed, memory clock speed, and stream processors that i can get?
it doesn't look like an Nvidia is as good of a choice any more for the amount of money i have.

so for about $100 or under, what is the card with the highest core clock, memory clock, and stream processors that i can get? it doesn't look like an Nvidia is as good of a choice any more for the amount of money i have.

The best think is to look at benchmarks when you compare two video cards

Based on the benchmarks that I saw, HD2600XT usually performs better when you don't use AA, but 8600GT performs better when you run AA

But I'm here talking about HD2600XT GDDR4 which has higher memory speed than GDDR3 version. So, there is no doubt that 8600GT would be overall better for gaming than HD2600XT GDDR3

would 512mb video ram do me any good over 256?

NO

AA = Anti-aliasing

What is Anti-Aliasing, how does it affect our graphics

Just look at this picture from HL2
2_hl_fsaa0_nv_small.jpg

2_hl_fsaa8_nv_small.jpg

The one above is running without AA while the other one is running with AA

Or look at this
alianing%20a.gif
aliasing%20a2.gif

The first "a" is without AA and the second one is with AA

hmm I just played the UT3 demo last night on my temporary 8500GT and got like 5fps. But today I realized I forgot I had the nvidia driver slider to Quality from my 8800GTS....

I'll try it on my 8500GT now that its set to performance. BTW this card overclocks like crazy... 74% overclock! lol!

basketix0.jpg

k well I just tried running full settings in UT3 (those 2 sliders maxed out) at 1280x720 and OMG I got around 40-50fps the entire time according to fraps.

What a well-designed engine UT3 is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom