Should i switch to Windows Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny because I ran Vista with under the minumum requirements and built in Graphics card on a laptop. Everything was against me but it was great, yea sure startup time was a little bit slow and sure it froze maybe once every 2 weeks but it was great. If your in a business enviorment then heck no dont get it as it has to many bugs (wait for SP1) but if you are a home user sure I say go ahead, just make sure to have the minumum requirement as I had my laptop overclocked and I sped everything to the brink of crashing :D
:laughing:

Gee get a laptop with minimal requiremetns and run XP. Bet cha it runs the same. Cant imagine why that is. Ohh yeah cause it is MINIMAL.

Lets see my laptop has been on and running for over a month. No freezes, with only a built in GFX card. Funny how YOUR laptop had all these issues but yet mine doesnt. Makes you think that maybe running UNDER MINIMAL could have been the problem. Dont ya think?

Please stop this SP1 ********. Cause that is all it is. All the hotfixes to make Vista work faster with SP1 are ALREADY AVAILABLE!! So why wait for SP1? So you can have the kernal be version 6.1 with a build number of 6001. To have the Search function removed from teh Start Menu? Yeah that makes sense.

Vista is just fine the way it is. Just cause you cant run it doesnt mean other people cant. Stop pawning off your problems on other people. Upgrade your system to AT LEAST MINIMAL specs and i bet you wotn have those issues.

One more thing , vista is really crappy with games ,specially some old ones , so you should keep this in mind .

One more thing , vista is really crappy with games ,specially some old ones , so you should keep this in mind .
again bull$h1t3. I have had no issue running games from 2001 on my system. Diablo, Diablo II, Warcraft, Warcraft II and Starcraft all install and run just fine. They are all old. So this statement is wrong!!!!

again bull$h1t3. I have had no issue running games from 2001 on my system. Diablo, Diablo II, Warcraft, Warcraft II and Starcraft all install and run just fine. They are all old. So this statement is wrong!!!!

But games run smoother under XP, that has been proven.

But games run smoother under XP, that has been proven.

By at tops 2 FPS. That is the most lost. If you have a decent system you will not lost more than 2FPS a game. That is not that big of a deal. I have yet to find a game that i cant run under Vista just as easily as i can XP.

The Magazines that test this. Are all junk. They use a minimal testing rig that barely meets Vista requirements. So yeah of course teh games are gonna run better under XP. Most of the games were designed for XP. Halo 2 which was designed for VIsta runs better under Vista than with the XP hacks. :eek: :eek: Go figure.

The games that are designed and made to run under Vista work better under VIsta. That is such a shocker. No wonder the games that were DESIGNED for XP run better under XP. I would have never thought of that.

Give me a break. Just about every game that comes out from now on will be designed for Vista. They will run just fine under Vista. I have games from 2000 that run just fine in Vista as they do in XP. This arguement that XP i far greater than Vista is just utter bull.

I have two things to say about that.
1. All of the games you listed are real time strategy games that don't require high speed, intensive 3D graphics.
2. You've stated that you have 3 GB of RAM which implies that you don't have a low-end system.

The OP will be trying to run on a low-end laptop with only 1 GB of RAM with a built in Intel graphics chip. Just because you don't have any problems on your above adequate machine doesn't mean that no one has problems. When you paint a picture to everyone that you can do anything you want in Vista with absolutely no problems as long as your machine meets the requirements, you are setting people up for failure. That makes people mad when they put their time and money into setting up their system only to find out the truth from experience after it's too late. It's not any different than the Linux people saying how great Linux is without telling people the downsides of it.

So I restate what I said earlier. If you aren't going to run Aero or be playing any high speed games, your system should do just fine with Vista. Go with that.

Since my laptop is used mainly for schoolwork, photo editing etc. i guess i wont have too much problems with games. The only game i'd probably be running is starcraft lol.

Thanks for helping me out, i really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom