PC backup tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ2007

Beta member
hey guys,
ill get to the point
basically i,m wondering if there is some way of completely making an image of my computer hdd drive.
basically what/want to do is

format my computer fully,
fresh xp,
install all drivers etc and relevant software i use.
download all updates and install them(takes the longest)

Then while i have no mess or rubbish in the computer, make a complete image of the computer, so as the next time i need to format it..
i can just format it, and load up the 'saved' image i have of my computer onto the hdd. saving me the time to have to reinstall updates, xp, software and the yada yada.. hope it makes sense to ppl

any1 know any good programs to do it? I just brought a laptop and i want to do it for the laptop and my desktop pc.

Sorry if this question has been answered 387903709 times.

Do i need to create a partition on my hdd or something? or can i burn it to a couple of DVD's.. (either way, will cost a couple of DVD's but no biggy)

All if there is some sort of instruction site some1 is familiar with, that would be good aswell!

TJ!

and is it worth doing it this way?

Yes you can. You can burning some DVD and the image will be put on there. You can also use nLite and slipstream XP with all the updates so that it will install and not have to run updates until the recent ones. There are alot of free programs and Norton even has a paid one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom