PC wont bloody start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sick_unit

Baseband Member
Ok, heres the stroy. I thought I do my PC a favour and give it a clean from all the dust, since the CPU fan starting to sound very loud. After cleaning I plugged everything together and try to boot but nothing. So I unplug every cable, every component, put it all back together and still not booting.

The led on the mobo which signifies its getting power lights up but the computer wont bloody boot.

I dont believe a piece of hardware died because about 6 months ago I did an upgrade. But then again I may be wrong.

Anyone got any ideas? I need it up and running for university purposes.

I had this when i cleaned my PC, Start taking out piece by piece until you get down to the mobo if it doesn't boot then it is the mobo.

does it beep once at the start?
if there are multiple beeps, reference a BIOS beep chart

did you remove the processor?
check to make sure all pieces of hardware are secure in their slots.

It almost sounds like the power button might be plugged in wrong. When you try to power it on, does anything happen?

I agree with Preacher. check all your devices. most likely suspect? cards or ram. take out only one piece of ram at a time. check all individually and see if you get different results or one working. from there, your HDD, then processor, but don't take out the processor unless you have thermal paste. best of luck!

There are no beeps at all. When I push the power button nothing at all happens.

If the ram is dead would that cause nothing to happen when I try and boot?
I cant really test the ram as I only have one 512mb stick.

EDIT: Its not a PSU issue I have tested the PSU and it is working. Its either RAM, CPU or mobo.

If nothing happens when you press the power button, 1 of 2 things is wrong. either the front panel plugs arent hooked up right, or the mobo is dead.

If nothing happens when you press the power button, 1 of 2 things is wrong. either the front panel plugs arent hooked up right, or the mobo is dead.

The front panel connectores are correct as ive checked them about 1000 times.
Im started to believe that the mobo is gone. This is because when I turn the PSU swtich on the inbuilt network card light flashes on for 1 second then turns off. However an led on the mobo does light up so im not actually sure if its dead or not. If it helps ive got an ASUS P5VDC-MX mobo.

Ram can stop the system from booting But I find it hard to believe that is just fried. Take the ram out and try to boot to see if you get any beep beeps. Also try to take the processor out and boot to see if you get any error beeps. If not it's probable the Mobo.

after listening again I would say your mobo is bad. do what has been said before, take mem out and see if you get anything. if not, i'd send your mobo back the the manufacturer and see if they will at least refund you. if they won't, don't know what to tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom