check on system

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want the fastest cpu on TF and something that will blow your mind. Then why not splurge on the qx6800. :D That is up to you though.

The Q6600 is the most popular quad core cpu, because it is well.... cheap. It is a friendly overclocker. As are most any of the "core 2" line cpu's.

I have heard that sparkle is a good brand. But like you have found out, it is near impossible to find cards made by them.

I want the fastest for bragging rights, and I'm going to be running lightwave, a huge animation program, along with some adobe ps stuff. also, I'm working outta fruity loops and adobe audition. plan on working my audio into my animations to make short movies. add onto that I'm running Ultima Online Kingdom Reborn and Dungeons and Dragons Online. so yeah, I need a decent setup for all this. the graphics card, well, several people told me to check into the ultra, so I'm doing that. the HDD's, I'm taking the advice, and getting the slower RPM's with Raid (when I get them, I'll be back with questions about raid setups) (and oc'ing my processor)

good question, because i am getting that too and i am a newb oc'er :) i guess it also depends on the MB too? <----asus P5k deluxe.

I already have the EVGA 860i A1 version mobo... the A1 only means that it came with ALOT of cables for sata, more (omg, do I really need more??) USBs, and a firewire for the rear card slot area

I want the fastest for bragging rights, and I'm going to be running lightwave, a huge animation program, along with some adobe ps stuff. also, I'm working outta fruity loops and adobe audition. plan on working my audio into my animations to make short movies. add onto that I'm running Ultima Online Kingdom Reborn and Dungeons and Dragons Online. so yeah, I need a decent setup for all this. the graphics card, well, several people told me to check into the ultra, so I'm doing that. the HDD's, I'm taking the advice, and getting the slower RPM's with Raid (when I get them, I'll be back with questions about raid setups) (and oc'ing my processor)

a regular q6600 is more than enough for all that....

but whats the point about the qx6800 or the qx6850... its really for people who go mad with overclocking like with LN or something...

ya, the qx6800 runs barely better than the q6600 for animation, it is for the extreme overclockers with phase change, dry ice, and LN
your better off buying q6600, and then saving the rest for future upgrades
and 4gb is plenty, you will not need 6gb
mushkin performs decent, ballistix perform better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom