Looking for Sparkle Calibre 8800GTX OC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
what can I put on it? I'm looking for the best deal I can for the best I can, so I'm open to ideas. the reason for the sparkle is that it's already oc'd and it has a MONSTER heatsink on it

hah...sooner or later somones gotta start a clan on here!!!

hey sircyber....
get the ultra from microcenter, then get the HR-03plus so you can oc it more...

Mine gets to about 710/1170

prophet, you and I are on the same page. yes, I'm looking at micro center right now, thanks!! I just need to know, and I'll ask that when I get the system done. but just for now, how easy is it to oc the card? what about how difficult it is to get a better heatsink? these things I'm not sure about

Ya, nothing that involves soldering or anything. Just screws and spreading thermal paste around.

But like everyone is saying. The sparkle is a great card, but EVGA or MSI all have the same guts. Just the heatsink is different.

OCing a video is super easy. Just use ATITool and post a new thread for help. It's easier than OCing a CPU.

well im bad with hardware so it was kinda difficlt but in the end i got it done.

Just make sure you goto the website and follow the steps...
have some rubbing alcohol to wipe of the thermal paste of the gpu...
you will need to buy a fan for it though...its not included.

Ive played games with and without oc, and ive noticed that i dont even need to oc the card. But usually i leave it oc at 675/1135 and im set for every game i have so far...i use to have taht on the stock cooler and now same for the new cooler.

the aftermarket cooler doesnt really let you oc a lot..it just helps the temps quiet abit...i dont think the chip is meant to be stable at very high clocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom