2900XT/Pro Paper Clip Trick (Getting CCC Working w/out 8 pin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay.. here imma show you some pics on how to get the paper clip trick working if you wanna use catalyst control center... cuz i know i like having my clocks set through CCC for everyday use

l_f92cd64693b7a3ed095538534633463a.jpg

l_8f041d20ffa149a88f51c89256e1982a.jpg

l_d810b714370e777bbb11834a5cf8e6f9.jpg

l_847377c6842de86539125f40402efc1a.jpg

yup.. i had to do some crazy bending with some needle nose plyers to get it to work... the paper clip had to fit in snug without moving, and has to touch the metal pins inside

anyway.. happy modding! and yes.. thats really about it, hope these helps some people if they wanted to use CCC

these were all taken on my phone.. so no resolution complains.. lol..

i wonder which cuss word that was

well today i've come to the conclusion that there is almost no advantage of flashing to the XT bios.. the voltage is the same.. the only thing you get is higher boot clocks.. when i could already do that anyway through CCC....

i guess its cool to say.. hey i have an XT with 3 Copper Heatpipes instead of 2...

but who knows... maybe there is a difference, i'll find out through 3dmark tonite!!!!!

and just to say it again, i love 24xAA :)

i wonder which cuss word that was

well today i've come to the conclusion that there is almost no advantage of flashing to the XT bios.. the voltage is the same.. the only thing you get is higher boot clocks.. when i could already do that anyway through CCC....

i guess its cool to say.. hey i have an XT with 3 Copper Heatpipes instead of 2...

but who knows... maybe there is a difference, i'll find out through 3dmark tonite!!!!!

and just to say it again, i love 24xAA :)

woot....cool mod, but yea...i didnt think there were too many difference between flashing a 2900pro and a stock XT.....

woot....cool mod, but yea...i didnt think there were too many difference between flashing a 2900pro and a stock XT.....

ya i was hoping for some voltage changes.. but nope.. i guess just boot up speeds and what not...

maybe memory timings... not sure.. but again, i'll find out if it works better with 3dmark06.. but i doubt it

and beaver... yea i think i have to agree

What exactly did you bridge? Why not add some solder at the part where the connector solders to the board?

Ok i am building a new system and since I realized thats definatly the best vid card to buy for ~300$, well its ordered.

Considering I plan on OC'ing a bit the beast, that i plan on getting a e6750 / 1 HD + 1 optical drive, what psu should I consider getting?

At first i was thinking 420W Enermax, but that might be a bit low. What should I look for - i'm trying to save a bit on the psu so >100 would be awsome if thats possible.

Also, i've been looking at 8pins PSU, but they're **** expensive. Should I go with a 6 pin and leave it stock / OC it the hard way, or pay the extra bucks for the 8 pin connector?

oh and huh Yes thats my first post ;) awsome forum I was looking for info 'bout hd2900pro and Google led me on this forum, awsome information in here!!

Thanks a bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom