Almost Perfect Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
GET AN E2180 SINCE IT overclocks better

get a p35-ds3l if you don't want RAID or more than 4 HD's

get a 320mb GTS instead... and if you want quad-core later on.. you'll need like a Tuniq Tower 120 or TRUE 120

GET AN E2180 SINCE IT overclocks better

get a p35-ds3l if you don't want RAID or more than 4 HD's

get a 320mb GTS instead... and if you want quad-core later on.. you'll need like a Tuniq Tower 120 or TRUE 120

alright i'll go with the tuniq tower 120
and for 20 bucks more that e2180 looks good i didnt even recognize that thanks :)

quick question what is RAID and why should i have or use it?

*edit* also can linux run DX10 games? or do i have to dual boot it with vista to be able to play DX10? if so could someone tell me how to dualboot (everything i need, where to get it and how to do it when i have all items) Thx a ton! :)

RAID stands for Reduntant Array of Inexpensive Disk's. I'm not gonna go into the history of it or the diff types at this time, but basically you can hook up different Hard Drives in a RAID config for increased performance, or for data securuty. Its a good idea to do because its relatively cheap and makes your comp a lot faster. Btw, why only 250 GB HD? would cost little to upgrade that too a 500GB or a 750GB.

RAID is connecting drives together in different configurations to gain certain advantages such as speed, better reliability, both, etc. I'm guessing you probably won't need that though.

DX10 is Vista only. Dual booting doesn't require any more items. Its just the process of either partitioning one drive (can be done by following the step-by-step instructions when you boot a Windows disk) or by installing Linux on one drive and Vista on another. Its not complicated whatsoever. Nothing extra required.

BTW, whats the main diff betwen WD and Seagate? Most people tell me WD is the netter choice, better performance. Yet most of you recomend Seagate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom