check on system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont waste your money on raptors, when i started to look into high end rigs i thought the same as you, go for the fastest HDD. In reality its way cheaper to go with some 320, 500 or 750 GB HD's and put them in RAID 0. I would suggest two Western digital Hardrive 160-320GB in Raid 0 and a 750BG for Data, will give you the same performance as a raptor for half the price and you get like 3 times the capacity. Another thought, some people will support me on this, others wont, you could just go with a Q6600 G0 stepping and oc it to 3.8ghz and save the 800$.......As well, scratch the 8800 GTX, i have never seen or heard of that particular brand, go with a 8800 Ultra. EVGA has them for 599$ at a few places.

save $800 on what???

but 3.8ghz on a g0 stepping q6600 is difficult, people have been struggling to get past 3.5ghz... don't get his hopes up for no reason....

Sparkle is a well known brand in PSU's so its a safe bet that their video cards are good too...

right on the RAID (but people are afraid about losing their data to RAID0) but a 750GB Western Digital is about the same speed as a Raptor X

Which stepping is the best ?

g0 is the best... because it pushed past 3.0ghz with ease... b3 sorta hard.. to push near 3.0ghz but Otis was very lucky with his.... but what i meant b4 was people can't get past 3.5ghz on that g0's... because unless you have Phase Change or LN or something, the temperatures become too hot to the point where you shouldn't overclock anymore and the CPU Voltage would be too high for it to not go "zap!!!"

yea dude just go with a q6600, and save the rest for future upgrades, the qx6800 is pure overkill, because its not just THAT much better than the q6600

yea dude just go with a q6600, and save the rest for future upgrades, the qx6800 is pure overkill, because its not just THAT much better than the q6600

530mhz and unlocked multiplier is NOT worth the extra $800 difference

good question, because i am getting that too and i am a newb oc'er :) i guess it also depends on the MB too? <----asus P5k deluxe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom